How To Court Workers
"Perks That Work" (Cover Story, Oct. 11) was wonderful and informative, but one important employee benefit was missing: prepaid legal services. In Europe, 80% of workers have this benefit, and a recent business magazine article showed that now 20% of the largest American companies have it.
Prepaid legal services can include preventive services, including unlimited monthly telephone consultation with a lawyer and the cost of telephone calls and letters undertaken by an attorney on the member's behalf. Some plans also include motor vehicle citation and accident legal assistance, which helps to keep insurance rates down. The plan I'm on runs about $4.25 per week. Employers can offer it to employees with no company participation or some percentage, but either way it's perceived by the employee as a great benefit.
South Jordan, Utah
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Apple Is Secretly Developing Its Own Screens for the First Time
- Hong Kong's Richest Woman Loses Half Her Wealth on Stock Plunge
- From a $126 Million Bonus to Jail: The Fall of a Star Trader
- Stocks Slide in Broad Selloff; Brexit Spurs Pound: Markets Wrap
- Snowstorm Looms as Spring Begins in Washington, Mid-Atlantic