Entrepreneur GapPeter Coy
About 15% of working white Americans are self-employed, compared with 6% of working African Americans. That racial gap has baffled researchers for years. In a new working paper for the National Bureau of Economic Research, sociologist Michael Hout of the University of California at Berkeley and economist Harvey S. Rosen of Princeton University admit they're not getting much closer to the answer.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- A L'Oreal Heiress Is Now the World's Richest Woman
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- A Storm's Never Destroyed a Grid Like Maria Ruined Puerto Rico's
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License