Someday, Lee, Wal Mart May All Be Yours
Lee Scott will never forget his first meeting with Sam Walton, the legendary founder of Wal-Mart Stores Inc. "How old are you?" Walton brusquely asked the then 30-year-old Scott, who had just taken a job overseeing Wal-Mart's trucking fleet. "Do you think you can do this job?" asked Walton. When Scott said yes, Walton fixed him with his steely gaze for what seemed an eternity. "I reckon you can," Walton declared. End of interview.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- Musk Dusts Off the Fundraising Playbook With Semi, Roadster Orders