Thierry Desmarest/France: Vive Le Private SectorBy
In the final weeks of 1989, French oilman Thierry Desmarest had little time to consider Eastern Europe's political convulsions. At 44, the soft-spoken but determined executive had just been named head of exploration at Paris-based Total. "And for us, that means the Middle East, Latin America, and Asia, for the most part," Desmarest says. "So I wasn't focused on the Wall."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- A L'Oreal Heiress Is Now the World's Richest Woman
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- A Storm's Never Destroyed a Grid Like Maria Ruined Puerto Rico's