Eric Halphen/France: A New Breed Of WatchdogBy
In french political circles, the favorite parlor game these days is betting on when Judge Eric Halphen will let the other shoe drop. In October, an investigation launched by Halphen led to the trial of the wife of Paris Mayor Jean Tiberi for participating in a suspected government payroll scam. Halphen has targeted the mayor separately in an influence-peddling probe. The question now is whether his inquiries will lead to the top of the RPR party, headed by President Jacques Chirac.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Mercedes Plots Tesla Attack With $1 Billion U.S. Electric Push
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Is Said to Plan About 5,000 Job Cuts