Commentary: Why East Is Still East, And West Is Still West
By capitalist standards, Barbara Lassig should be enjoying the new East Germany. A 42-year-old mother of three, she now owns the Dresden apartment building where she and her family have lived since the socialist era. She operates her own sign-making and advertising business. She's a member of the city council. A rower who once tried out for the Olympics, she has traveled to competitions as far away as Australia. Life is good, right?
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- One of the World’s Hottest Stocks Is Now Tumbling
- This Rare Bear Who Called the Crash Warns Housing Is Too Hot Again
- Recent ‘Odd’ Market Moves May Be a Warning Sign for Stocks
- The Global Economy Is Doing Just Fine, But the Davos Elite Is Worried
- U.S. Stocks Gain as Senate Votes to End Shutdown: Markets Wrap