Where Is It Now? Open Market's Fall
Lots of companies claim to be pioneers in e-business, but few can match the bona fides of Open Market Inc. Founded in May, 1994--one month before Netscape Communications Corp.--Open Market spotted back in the early days the critical need for software that lets companies offer their wares on the Net. It attracted an A-list of strategic partners, including AT&T Corp. and Time Warner Inc. And with the dawn of Internet commerce being widely anticipated, the company's initial public offering in May, 1996, was a spectacular hit, placing a market cap of $1.2 billion on a company with only $1.8 million in revenues the previous year.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas