Purchasing In Packs
Kevin Vargas figures he buys $1 million worth of circuit breakers and wiring each year for Comdisco Inc.'s computer refurbishing plant in Schaumburg, Ill. As a top purchasing manager for the $3.2 billion computer-leasing company, he has the clout to drive a hard bargain with suppliers. But Vargas thinks he has found a way to "supersize" his clout. He's testing on-line buying groups that purchase equipment in huge volumes for equally big discounts. The potential savings: $200,000 a year.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas