Morgan Stanley: The Deal Machine
Top dealmakers live for showdowns. That is certainly true of Michael Zaoui--Morgan Stanley Dean Witter & Co.'s European mergers chief has probably been in more epic duels on the Continent than any other investment banker this year. He brought in French entrepreneur Francois Pinault as a white knight to defeat the designs of luxury goods baron Bernard Arnault on Italy's Gucci Group. Then, in a six-month struggle, he helped kill Banque Nationale de Paris' hostile bid for crosstown rival Societe Generale. He was on the losing side of Paris-based oil giant Elf's battle with TotalFina, but helped win an extra $5 billion for Elf's shareholders.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- A L'Oreal Heiress Is Now the World's Richest Woman
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- A Storm's Never Destroyed a Grid Like Maria Ruined Puerto Rico's