The Benz Is Hot In A Bandit Economy...And Even The Legit Fix Stolen CarsJames Drake
In the Balkans' largest open-air car bazaar, on the desolate outskirts of the Albanian port of Durres, a smooth-talking salesman is trying to close a deal on a six-month-old Mercedes Benz. "For you, sir, $13,000," he purrs, fingering his gold chains and running a manicured finger along the hood. "I can see you're an expert."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses