Hdtv: You're Not Going To Like This Picture
Last March, engineers from Sinclair Broadcasting Group Inc. had their worst suspicions about high-definition television confirmed. The crew was field-testing the latest digital-TV equipment at homes and offices in a 20-mile radius of a broadcast antenna in Philadelphia. "In nine out of nine locations, we got no reception--just the blue screen of death," says Nat Ostroff, Sinclair's vice-president for new technology.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Bitcoin Futures Deliver Wild Ride as Debut Brings Rally, Halts
- Investors Told to Brace for Steepest Rate Hikes Since 2006
- A Manager of $42 Billion Fears Bubble in World's Biggest Stocks
- Longtime NPR Host Tom Ashbrook Is Facing Misconduct Allegations
- Buffett's About to Get $3 Billion Back From Burger King Owner