Mine Your Own Business
"Small businesses have been flying blind," says data demon Jon Brandow. Historically, they have made little use of business intelligence: the demographic mapping, databases, and market research deployed by large corporations. That's all changed, says Brandow, head of economic-development consultancy bizminer.com. Now, there's a wealth of free data on the World Wide Web, lower-cost research from commercial databases, and cheap software that helps small companies analyze their sales--if you know how to use it. Brandow, a former union organizer, spoke recently with Frontier's Dennis Berman. Some edited excerpts:
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses