Earthlink To Aol: Watch Your Rearview Mirror
Talk about your hot home-based business. In a mere five years, Charles M. Brewer has turned Atlanta-based MindSpring Enterprises Inc. from a desk in his studio apartment into one of the nation's largest Internet service providers. And thanks to his Sept. 23 merger with EarthLink Network Inc., of Pasadena, Calif., Brewer has vaulted over the likes of Microsoft, AT&T, and Prodigy to become the nation's second-largest ISP behind America Online Inc.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses