Chase: Building "Brick By Brick"
For years, Wall Street has buzzed with rumors that Chase Manhattan Corp. would merge with a major investment bank such as Merrill Lynch & Co. On Sept. 28, Chase made a move. But, to the surprise of many, it acquired Hambrecht & Quist, a relatively small San Francisco-based investment bank that specializes in high-technology stock offerings. The price: $1.35 billion, a far cry from the tens of billions that Merrill might have sold for.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’