To The Victors Belong The Web Ads
One question plaguing Internet stocks lately has been whether companies that charge nothing for using their Web sites could succeed simply by selling advertising. The good news: Yes, companies can thrive on advertising alone. The bad news: The number of those that can do this seems to be shrinking, as marketers spend more and more with just a handful of big sites. According to the most recent survey by the Internet Advertising Bureau (IAB), the share of ad revenues among the top 10 sites continued to expand, from 64% a year ago, to 75% in the first quarter of this year.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Bitcoin Futures Deliver Wild Ride as Debut Brings Rally, Halts
- Investors Told to Brace for Steepest Rate Hikes Since 2006
- A Manager of $42 Billion Fears Bubble in World's Biggest Stocks
- Longtime NPR Host Tom Ashbrook Is Facing Misconduct Allegations
- Buffett's About to Get $3 Billion Back From Burger King Owner