For Schroder, Bad News, Good News?
Peter Muller led his victory entourage like a conga line through the cobbled streets of Saarbrucken's bar district. "Peter! Peter!" they chanted. Hoots. High fives. Fists in the air as about 50 people snaked around a fountain and between outdoor tables crowded with diners and drinkers enjoying a late-summer night. The exuberance was understandable: Muller had just led the center-right Christian Democratic Union party to statewide victory in the German state of Saarland for the first time in 15 years. And power tasted even better than the cold beer.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy