Junk Bonds: The Default Dilemma
On Aug. 3, Iridium World Communications Ltd., a satellite mobile-phone company that raised more than a billion dollars of high-yield paper over the past two years, defaulted on its debt. But the event was far from isolated. Among the other high-profile companies that have recently turned their backs on debt obligations are funeral-service operator Loewen, restaurant chain Planet Hollywood, and discount clothing retailer Loehmann's.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Marc Faber Asked to Leave Sprott Board After Racist Report
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing