The Net Phone Tv Cable Monster
You'd think he was running a hot Internet startup, not big old AT&T. Just six weeks after completing the $54 billion acquisition of cable giant Tele-Communications Inc., AT&T CEO C. Michael Armstrong on Apr. 22 announced an audacious $54 billion bid for MediaOne Group, trumping an earlier offer for the 5-million subscriber cable operator by Comcast Corp. If he pulls it off, Armstrong will make AT&T the biggest player in cable, with systems reaching no less than 60% of U.S. cable households--if you count all TCI's and MediaOne's wholly owned systems and various partnerships.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Bitcoin Futures Deliver Wild Ride as Debut Brings Rally, Halts
- Investors Told to Brace for Steepest Rate Hikes Since 2006
- A Manager of $42 Billion Fears Bubble in World's Biggest Stocks
- World's Second-Tallest Building Opens With a Whimper After Delay
- Longtime NPR Host Tom Ashbrook Is Facing Misconduct Allegations