Smar Tone: Dial Up, Log On, Cash In
In Hong Kong, it seems, every adult is packing a mobile phone. But for Hubert Ng, there's always room for more. Since Ng took over as chief executive at SmarTone Telecommunications Holdings Ltd. three years ago, the cellular operator has introduced all manner of services to make sure people on the go are also on the line. SmarTone provides subscribers with everything from horse-racing results to stock quotations and flight arrivals. Now, the 50-year-old Ng is breaking into E-commerce. He's upgrading SmarTone's technology and forging new alliances so that customers can use mobile phones to pay bills and make purchases on the Web. "Just imagine the benefits of access via wireless," says Ng. "We really see unlimited potential."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses