PALM PILOTS MAY BE THE BEANIE BABIES OF THE BUSINESS WORLD, but efficiency--not coolness--mattered most to Erin McGlynn, the sales-services division manager for International Microcomputer Software Inc., a Novato (Calif.) software developer. So last February, she put 3Com Corp.'s Palm IIIs in the hands of 17 field reps who collect data at retail software stores--everything from inventory numbers to competitive analysis.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing