John Bowlin: Here Comes The Beer Guy
Miller Brewing has tried everything from wacky ads and new beers to deep discounts. Still, the No. 2 brewer is losing ground: Its U.S. market share fell from 22.7% in 1994 to 21.1% in '98, says Beer Marketer's Insights. Now, Miller owner Philip Morris is trying new management. On Apr. 7, it removed Miller CEO John MacDonough and brought in turnaround artist John Bowlin. It's a homecoming: Bowlin, 48, was president of Miller for 15 months in the early '90s. For the past three years, he has sorted out brands and marketing strategies for Philip Morris' Kraft Foods International.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing