Finally, Good News At Dow Jones
News flash: There's a glimmer of good news at Dow Jones & Co. On Apr. 12, not only did its flagship Wall Street Journal pocket two Pulitzer Prizes but the company also surprised investors with better-than-expected earnings for the quarter ended Mar. 31. The earnings sent Dow Jones stock up 11% over three days, and the timing couldn't be better for Chairman and CEO Peter R. Kann. At Dow Jones's Apr. 21 annual meeting, he must face shareholders who are painfully aware that the stock has underperformed the market bellwether named after it during the biggest runup in history.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Stocks Slide From Records as Anxiety Bubbles Up: Markets Wrap
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress’s Fault When Stocks Crash
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States