At Alberto Culver, Daughter Knows Best
For Carol and Howard Bernick, business has always been a family affair. Since the day she graduated from college, Carol L. Bernick has worked for Alberto-Culver Co., the toiletries company her father, Leonard Lavin, founded in 1955. Husband Howard, who has also worked for the company for decades, became CEO in 1994. Carol has been the creative brains behind many of Alberto-Culver's most successful products, Howard the numbers man. And Carol's dad, 79, couldn't be happier about the arrangement. "The best thing she ever did for the company," he joked at the annual meeting, "was to use all her wiles to get us a fine CEO."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis
- U.S. Senate Adopts Budget, Giving Momentum to Trump's Tax-Cut Plans
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day