Trouble For A High Tech Visionary...And For A City's Software GradsSethuraman Dinakar
It was a classic Naidu moment. As Srini Raju, executive director of Satyam Computers, tells it, he and Scott Bayman, head of GE India, were ushered last December into the office of Nara Chandrababu Naidu, the chief minister of Andhra Pradesh state. Naidu stood up to receive them and politely addressed Bayman as "Sir," adding: "Get us jobs to this state, Sir, and I will do whatever you want." Bayman looked pleasantly surprised--such pliancy toward business being rare among India's politicians.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis
- U.S. Senate Adopts Budget, Giving Momentum to Trump's Tax-Cut Plans
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day