Online Auctions: Going, Going, Gone
Audie Schwardt was cruising the Web one January evening when he saw an advertisement for Onsale Inc., an online auction house. Schwardt, a 42-year-old Army sergeant major at El Paso's Fort Bliss, checked it out--and found prices up to 50% off retail. Since then, he has spent more than $1,000 a month on PCs, digital cameras, and other gear for himself and friends at Onsale and WebAuction.com. Says Schwardt: "Except for an emergency, I don't buy electronics at retail anymore."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress’s Fault When Stocks Crash
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks