Kosovo: A Bad Beginning And No Good EndingBy
It began with the loftiest of intentions: President Clinton and NATO would take Serbian strongman Slobodan Milosevic by the scruff of the neck and force him to stop harassing ethnic Albanians in Kosovo. Instead, the allies' police action has turned into a Balkan imbroglio in which both sides blundered: The U.S. President misread Serbian resolve to chase ethnic Albanians from Kosovo, while Milosevic failed to understand that NATO had to react strongly to reports of mass murders of civilians in Europe.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Stocks Decline on Tech Woes While Treasuries Rally: Markets Wrap
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting