The 800 Pound Gorilla Of E Commerce?
As the world's premier online service, America Online Inc. has thrived by reinventing itself time and again. Now, after closing its $10.2 billion deal with Netscape Communications Corp. on Mar. 17, AOL is poised for another transformation. With help from Netscape's software and a strategic alliance with Sun Microsystems Inc., AOL is turning from an online service into a full-blown electronic-commerce powerhouse. "We want to turbocharge this Net economy," crows Barry Schuler, president of AOL Interactive Services.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Marc Faber Asked to Leave Sprott Board After Racist Report
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing