Tax Man, Stay Away From My Door
First the good news: Internal Revenue Service auditors are expected to pull fewer returns this year than they did during their aggressive crackdown of the mid-1990s. Now the bad news: Small businesses and self-employed professionals are still the favored targets. How can you reduce the odds of getting hit? Ask yourself, "Am I raising red flags that attract auditors' interest?" Here are some good questions to start with.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis
- U.S. Senate Adopts Budget, Giving Momentum to Trump's Tax-Cut Plans
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day