And Now, A Few Costly Words From Our Sponsor
Hey, aren't the TV networks supposed to be in the doldrums these days, their audiences siphoned off by cable and the Net? That's not what Aaron Cohen found. Cohen, executive vice-president of New York-based Horizon Media Inc., will end up buying $390 million worth of ads this year for such clients as Boston Chicken, Geico Insurance, and Sony's Columbia-Tri Star studio. Even as early as last month, as he was looking to buy a string of spots for a client, Cohen found prices only climbing. "We ended up spending a goodly few millions," says Cohen. "It sure didn't turn out to be cheap."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy
- London House Prices Fall Most Since Financial Crisis