Israel's Fringe Welfare State
Rarely has such a small group exercised so much power in a democracy. Israel's ultra-Orthodox Jewish sects constitute only 5% of the nation's population. Yet such is the nature of Israeli politics that, by acting as a swing voting bloc, they have managed to secure a growing package of government subsidies and concessions.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- NFL’s $205 Million Man Is Hated by Everyone But Those Who Matter
- Americans Are Retiring Later, Dying Sooner and Sicker In-Between
- Singapore Will Stop Increasing Car Numbers From February 2018
- Noble Group Warns of Loss Topping $1 Billion
- U.S. Stocks Drop at Start of Big Week for Earnings: Markets Wrap