Business Week Index
The production index fell in the week that ended Feb. 20. The unaveraged index stayed at 141.7 for the third week in a row. After seasonal adjustment, rail-freight traffic dipped with car loadings of steel, metallic ore, and metal products down. Truck and oil production also declined. On the upside, electric power advanced 2.8%, with the largest increase in available electricity in the Southeast. Output of steel, autos, coal, and lumber were also up.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Stocks Slide From Records as Anxiety Bubbles Up: Markets Wrap
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress’s Fault When Stocks Crash
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States