The Russian Crunch Has Dubai Crying...But The Mob Is Still Moving Goods
Sagging oil prices aren't to blame. Nor is Asia's recession. Instead, it's the shortage of Russian women that has the merchants of Dubai feeling gloomy. And they don't mean the ladies who walk the streets in garish makeup offering their services for $50 to $250. The Russians they miss are the ones who spend money--serious money--in a country that has elevated shopping to a national raison d'etre.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Stocks Slide From Records as Anxiety Bubbles Up: Markets Wrap
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress’s Fault When Stocks Crash
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States