The Rich Deserve A Tax Break, Too
The battle for the moral high ground in the tax cut debate has begun. At issue is a 10% across-the-board proposal to cut income taxes. Republican conservatives want to show that the tax burden on Americans is the heaviest since World War II--20% of GDP--and is unfair. Democrats and GOP moderates want to show that a uniform tax cut mostly benefits the rich--and is unfair. The truth is that both sides are being disingenuous. If "fairness" is to be the measure, it is just as easy to argue that the rich deserve a tax break as it is to say that the poor and middle class should get one.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Uber Paid Hackers to Delete Stolen Data on 57 Million People
- Tesla’s Burning Through Nearly Half a Million Dollars Every Hour
- New Uber CEO Keeps Finding Horrors at Every Turn
- Facebook to Show Users Which Russian Propaganda They Followed
- Jamie Dimon Says He'd Bet Donald Trump Doesn't Win Again in 2020