Commentary: Wanted: Foreign Brides For Japan's CarmakersBy
Impossible. That's how Japan's auto industry reacted just a year ago to any suggestion of new partnering with foreign carmakers. Sure, Japan's banks may go bust. Its Prime Ministers may fall. And megamergers like DaimlerChrysler may rewrite the rules of the road. But surely Japan's most competitive manufacturers, its auto makers, would always race ahead--on their own.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Honda Recalls 800,000 Odyssey Minivans Linked to Injuries
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations