First Union Aims For The Top TierBy
Ed Crutchfield is determined to accomplish one goal: Making First Union (FTU) into a nationwide company that blends commercial banking, investment banking, and capital management. "We wouldn't get out of commercial banking, but we'd like to be a Merrill Lynch as well," says Chairman and CEO Crutchfield, and "that's where we're headed." He says he wants to have the national franchise in banking that Wal-Mart Stores has in retailing. How to do it?
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since BP Disaster
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline