Battle Stations! The Coming Combat Over Defense Spending
After years of dining on Hamburger Helper, the Pentagon is about to rediscover red meat. Concerns about the military are rising, spurred by reports of aging weapons and underpaid, poorly trained troops. With U.S. forces set for a long and expensive mission in Iraq, Republican hawks and White House budgeteers agree that it's time to boost defense outlays. The likely result: the first big Pentagon spending hike in a decade.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Marc Faber Asked to Leave Sprott Board After Racist Report
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing