The Week Ahead
PRODUCTIVITY & COSTS
Tuesday, Nov. 10, 10 a.m. EST -- Output per hour worked in the nonfarm sector probably grew at an annual rate of about 2% in the third quarter after showing no gain in the second quarter. That's suggested by the unexpectedly strong rise in economic output last quarter. But even as productivity was increasing last summer, wages and benefits were advancing at a stronger pace. As a result, unit labor costs in the third quarter likely grew at a 2% pace, on top of a 3.7% surge in the second.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- Musk Dusts Off the Fundraising Playbook With Semi, Roadster Orders