China Cracks Down On Smugglers And Foreign Companies
Beijing is turning up the heat on smugglers. Underscoring the drive to seal porous borders from tax-evading goods, Premier Zhu Rongji in October led an 80-member inspection team across the south. "Progress in the antismuggling battle has been very unbalanced in some areas, and we cannot overestimate our achievements," he said after the tour in Guangzhou, where he called for military and provincial leaders across China to step up their efforts.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Honda Recalls 800,000 Odyssey Minivans Linked to Injuries
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single