Can Smithkline Keep Flying Solo?
Jan Leschly is under fire. The chief executive of SmithKline Beecham PLC watched his company's stock slide 31% between late February and early October, after merger talks with rival Glaxo Wellcome PLC collapsed. Worse, in the last two weeks, the shares have spiked back up on rumors--which Leschly hotly denies--that he will retire early.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Honda Recalls 800,000 Odyssey Minivans Linked to Injuries
- Why Are Critics Calling the $450 Million Painting Fake?