American Airlines: California, Here We Come Again
California has hardly been the Golden State for American Airlines Inc. The foothold it gained with its 1987 purchase of low-fare carrier AirCal proved fleeting. And efforts to build a San Jose hub were abandoned in 1993 in the face of bruising competition, especially from Southwest Airlines Co.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Puerto Rico Faces Hurricane Maria After Irma’s $1 Billion Damage
- The World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Hits $1 Trillion
- Finland’s Welfare State Has a Massive Baby Problem
- Equifax Suffered a Hack Almost Five Months Earlier Than the Date It Disclosed
- Toys ‘R’ Us Collapses Into Bankruptcy Thanks to Crushing Debt