These Stocks May Just Defy GravityBy
`This market is wild," says investment manager Rob Lyon as he peered into his computer screen on Oct. 6. The Dow Jones industrial average swung like a pendulum from a 140-point gain in the morning to a loss of 60 by afternoon and back up with a gain of just 16 to close at 7742. Fortunately for large-cap value investor Lyon, he repositioned his core holdings last spring and summer: He sold technology, basic-industry, and capital-goods stocks, and bought into shares in the consumer-products, health, and telecom sectors.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis
- U.S. Senate Adopts Budget, Giving Momentum to Trump's Tax-Cut Plans
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day