Meriwether's Curious Deed
By all accounts, the last few days of August were hellish ones for John W. Meriwether and his beleaguered hedge fund, Long-Term Capital Management. In the midst of the marketplace slaughter that sent LTCM--and its creditors--to the brink of catastrophe, Meriwether still had time to attend to some family business. On Aug. 27, he signed an "interspousal transfer grant deed" transferring to his wife, Mimi, a 20-acre vacant lot on Del Ciervo Road in a tony residential area of Pebble Beach, Calif. It was, until that moment, the only property in his name.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Stocks Slide From Records as Anxiety Bubbles Up: Markets Wrap
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress’s Fault When Stocks Crash
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States