Japan: The Gloom Just Keeps DeepeningBy
Japanese business executives gave new Prime Minister Keizo Obuchi's policy efforts to reverse the economy's slide a big thumbs down, based on the closely watched tankan survey of 10,000 businesses. Despite new fiscal stimulus and an interest rate cut, business pessimism in the September quarter rose broadly with no hope for an upturn.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy
- London House Prices Fall Most Since Financial Crisis