Keeping Peace On The Floor
Almost every small-businessperson I talk to is terrified of being sued for sexual harassment. They constantly fret over whether some objectionable employee behavior is going to land them in court and cost them thousands of dollars in settlement costs. Indeed, two years ago, my family business, Emerald Packaging Inc., settled a sexual-harassment case a former employee filed against our company and one of our supervisors. Including legal and settlement costs, the bill topped $40,000.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States