Commentary: How Boxing Could Get Off The RopesBrad Wolverton
It's a little past midnight in a dimly lit corner of the Georgia Dome, and boxing pooh-bah Don King is booming into a microphone about how he plans to make his "next $100 million." His fighter on the Sept. 19 card, Evander Holyfield, has just managed to defend his twin heavyweight championship belts in a unanimous decision over a surprisingly strong challenge by a guy 25 pounds overweight, whose opponents' combined record is 181-511-19.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Stocks Slide From Records as Anxiety Bubbles Up: Markets Wrap
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress’s Fault When Stocks Crash
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States