The Joys Of A More Open Economy...Have One Region Racing Ahead
Jaime Chicona, a La Paz plumber, wants to drum up business, so he bought a cellular phone eight months ago. To let everyone know of his accessibility, he's putting classified ads in daily newspapers. For Chicona, 29, the cell phone is a reasonable investment: $120 for the phone plus about $10 for a card that enables him to make and receive calls for three months. "It's great because it allows customers to contact me while I'm on the move," Chicona says.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy
- London House Prices Fall Most Since Financial Crisis