The Oil Patch: From Big To Behemoth
Since taking command at British Petroleum Co. in 1995, John Browne has been sending shock waves through the oil industry. Now he is close to pulling off his biggest shocker yet. The $53 billion merger with Amoco Corp. announced on Aug. 11 not only will create a third "supermajor," approaching Exxon Corp. and Royal/Dutch Shell Group, it also may herald a sweeping realignment of the industry.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Marc Faber Asked to Leave Sprott Board After Racist Report
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing