Merck's New Melancholy Baby
For a long time, it looked like a blind alley. Pfizer, Eli Lilly, Warner-Lambert, and others had been trying for years to come up with painkillers that block the action of Substance P, a neurotransmitter that conveys pain messages. The hope was that by blocking the receptor on a cell's surface where Substance P attaches, they could block the message and stop the pain. But none of the compounds tested so far has delivered much relief.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day