Commentary: Don't Cry, It's Only DeflationBy
Remember the good old days--a month or two ago--when the economic troubles roiling Asia seemed to be only a distant threat, maybe even a timely brake on an overheating economy? Well, it's no time to dwell on the past. Suddenly the prognosis for the immediate future has changed: The deepening Asian crisis now seems far more likely to spread, bringing its deflationary spiral to the U.S. economy.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy