Legalizing Drugs: The Lesser Of Two Evils
In Robert J. Barro's column ("Milton Friedman: Being right is the best revenge," Economic Viewpoint, July 13), the Nobel laureate was complimented for his bright ideas. One of the ideas was a proposal for legalizing drugs. In the Netherlands, too, voices can be heard saying that high-priced drugs cause crime by those who want drugs but can't afford them and those who push drugs for easy money. The money earned on drugs is a windfall for dealers. Last week--shame on Holland--even Dutch marines were caught in the act of large-scale drug trafficking.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas